Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flutter Anya

Hello!  How's summer going?  It's been kind of lazy for me but I did craft!  And I actually made something to enter into a challenge.  It's been a long while since I joined in on TGF's Farm Fresh Friday so I thought I'd do the current one Make Your Own Background

I have been playing around with Faber-Castell's Gelatos to make some backgrounds.  These are so easy to use and can be less messy.  I was going to just rub some gelatos around on a piece of water color cardstock but then I noticed I still had this blank canvas I bought a while ago on sale.  So thought I'd use that to make something pretty and hang around my crafty desk or somewhere.

I used a 5x7 canvas and rubbed some pink, purple, blue and gold Gelatos on it.  Then I took the brush the Gelatos come with and added some water to blend the colors together.  I had to wait until everything was dry before I could glue stuff onto the canvas.  I used TGF's Splotchy and Blush Heart in the background.  Those were heat embossed in white.  It's kind of hard to stamp nicely on canvas but I didn't need for it to look perfect.  The sentiment was also heat embossed and is from TGF's Spotlight Kit.  Then my main image is an oldie but a cutie, Flutter Anya.  She is one of my favorites.  I used my white gel pen around her.  Then I added some cheese cloth, flowers, rhinestone sprays and stars to complete the look.

A different view.  I left the sides clean but maybe I should've added Gelatos there too?

While I was crafting I noticed that my craft table is pretty big.  I should have lots of room to craft so why is my actual work area so small?

I have too much stuff on my table!  See the little space on my mat?  That's the space I have to make stuff.  No wonder I feel so squished sometimes.

Thanks so much reading!  Oh, be sure to stop by Sister Stamps!  Introductions to the July release have started and the stamps are super cute! 




8 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This turned out really cute Eva... love how you did the background and all the dotted white dots surrounding her.... Very pretty card!

baby_alien said...

It is fantastic. Super cute! I love it!

Cheryl said...

I didn't realize at first this was you when I saw it in my feed! Yeah, haven't seen you make a TGF project in a while! Pretty canvas in pretty colors! And all the bling and flowers! I like that flutter anya too, I think that was one of the first ones I bought.

Marcy said...

This is so beautiful! I love the bright pretty colors and how you used the gelatos on the canvas. Flutter Anya is so cute too! Thanks for joining us this week for FFF! :)

Krystal Edmond said...

This is amazing! I need to make a canvas!!!

Rachel Parys said...

Oh great, now I have to get me some gelatos!!!! lol! This is gorgeous, great idea using the canvas! I love making cute things to have around the house, thanks for the inspiration!

Leanne said...

Oh woweee! Didja know u won the challenge?! Well deserved. Gorgeous canvas. Love the pretty details. You created that in the little space? A true crafter! Lol! Happy Friday!

Denice said...

I love Gelatos!
What a gorgeous creation...gelatos, flowers, rhinestones, TGF....a winning combination!
:Dxx