Skip to main content

more sewing!

Hi everyone!  Thought I'd share some of the things I've been sewing.  I was totally frustrated the past couple days with sewing.  It was driving me crazy!  So many things were going wrong even though I was sewing the same coin purse I had shared here before.  The only difference was the fabric design.  And yesterday I took apart and actually scrapped another coin purse.  So today I took a break from it before I got more frustrated.  The only thing that I got irritated today with was trying to learn GIMP to edit my photos.  Ugh, what a headache too.

So here are the two same ol' coin purses.  But while I was sewing one of these, the needle on my machine actually popped out!  I think it couldn't handle the thickest part by the little tab.  Good thing I could just pop it back in and didn't break the machine.

This is a different pattern that I found HERE.  The only difference is that I chose not to sew the zipper the way she did.  I was too scared that it would be all crooked!  Maybe when I am a bit more experienced.  But I like the size of this.  The only thing that bothered me with this is that I used some iron on backing to make it stiffer and then when I tried to pull all the layers the right way it started to get so wrinkled.  I ironed it again after I was done but doesn't seem to be very smooth looking. 

This is the side view.  It has a boxy bottom.

It opens nice and wide but I don't like how thin the red material is.  I could see through it! 

This is a longer sized pencil case but I'm thinking this a bit too long though my daughter likes it.  You can definitely put a ton of pencils in here!  It was at this point that I started sewing crooked!  I'd start off really close to the zipper and then slowly I'd get farther and farther away.  I felt like banging my head on the table at this point.

Here's the case opened.  I just threw some stuff in there that I had on my desk.

I think I'll have to practice more before I can cut into my nicer fabrics.  It's a good thing I have coloring and stamping to fill my time when sewing isn't working out.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Comments

Inspite of the little issues you had with sewing them, they absolutely came out beautiful. Keep on doing them and you will make a big hit selling them on your etsy store... Those HK lovers will just go crazy for them...Awesome job Eva!
Cheryl said…
So cute! You sewed those coin purses/bags really fast! They look neatly made! I know those sewing things going wrong! Just looking at a lining and zipper is giving me nightmares. I think it took me 4-5 months to sew that Halloween costume way back when...never tried that again.
Rachel Parys said…
Get out of town!!! So darn adorable!! I need to take some pics of mine and Maddie's latest sewing ventures!! Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Hi Eva,
These came out amazing! I love the colors, the size and the design. I hate to sew zippers and I think you do an excellent job!
Denice said…
I would never know there was a glitch with the lining....obviously, you got it ironed out, LOL! Such cute cases...wonderful sewing.
Leanne said…
Hey Eva!
These are all so cool. I can't tell either, they look very professional. I'm sure your sewing machine just needs a nice talking to so that things will start straightening out. >.< Keep it up!
TFS!
Joy said…
These are so cute! Glad the needle didn't break! I used to get scared and then annoyed when that happened!

So talented, you are!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet