Monday, July 21, 2014

kawaii fabric

Hi all!  Just wanted to share another coin purse and a smaller pencil case I sewed a while ago.  I actually haven't been too creative lately.  I've just been stalking some sewing blogs and looking up tutorials to see what else I can try to sew.  There are so many cute things!  One thing always leads me to another.  Anyway, I really love this fabric store on Etsy called Beautiful Work.  They have the cutest fabrics and they ship so quickly even though they are in Japan.

I got this fabric from the store I mentioned.  Super cute, right?  I love that it has so many different Sanrio characters.

I made this pencil case for my daughter for school.  It's an inch shorter in both directions than the previous one I made so I think it's a better size.  She added her little heart clip to it.  I made sure to have Tuxedo Sam showing some where since that is her favorite character.

Here is the case opened.  I think I should try sewing a little tote bag next.  I think that would be cute for little girls. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Eva, I'm telling you could make a lot of $$$$$ selling those cute coin purses... They are the cutest and every HK fan would love owning one of them!

Leanne said...

Awww super super cute!! That pattern is adorable!! These would definitely be great for school. Especially cause they're one of a kind.
Aww how I miss sewing. Can't wait to see the tote.

Rachel Parys said...

LOL, I have been doing the same thing!! It's really a shame we don't live close to each other, we are so in sync!! This fabric is adorable! I was just looking at a ton of cute Kawaii fabrics the other day, if I can find the site again I will email it to you! Awesome work!

Denice said...

The fabric is adorable....love the pencil case and I bet your daughter does too.

Denice said...

The fabric is adorable....love the pencil case and I bet your daughter does too.

Handmade Cuties said...

You did an amazing job. The fabric is cute and I like the heart key-ring too. Check'd out the store but currently on vacation although I did see some of the sold fabrics...adorable stuff!

Cheryl said...

So cute! And so many old school characters! I even see little twin stars on there!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Woo-hoo Eva. You are quite a seamstress. Your darling HK coin purse and pencil cases would sell like hotcakes. Can't wait to see the tote bags. Happy sewing.

eunice said...

Goodness, Eva! You've been on a roll with all the wonderful and cute goodies you've been creating on your sewing machine. Ahhh... you've mastered the zipper closures...I'm so jealous!