Friday, December 19, 2014

Tooth Fairy Pillow

Hi!  I think it's been a while since I shared something here.  I made this pillow case in the beginning of December and now it's almost Christmas.  Can not believe that Christmas is next week!

Here's the pillow case I sewed up using this fun fabric I bought from Stitch Stash Diva on Etsy.  I love the bright colors and the rainbows, so girly.  I followed the instructions from here on how to sew this envelope style pillow case.  I kind of just guessed on the pocket and used some heat bond adhesive for the n.  I don't think I'm ready to do that complicated looking zigzag stitching around the letters and appliques.  I will try to practice that next year.

The pocket is large enough for some money or a little gift or maybe even a small toy.  The pillow is 12 x 16 inches.

These past few weeks have been a bit busy with lots of crafting.  I think I have just a couple more things to make and then I'm done.  So today is finally a kind of rest day and I am contemplating a nap before picking up my kids.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

Denice said...

What a sweet pillow, the pocket is perfect for a small gift or some $...you did a great job on it. I am smitten with the fabric...love everything about it from the color to the design!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Enjoying your Tooth Fairy pillow Eva. Cute print any yes, very girly. Yah, holy cow, can't believe Christmas is less than a week away.

Lynn said...

Such a sweet pillow case! Love the pocket! The fabric is perfect for sweet dreams.

Rachel Parys said...

Rainbows and unicorns!!! It doesn't get much better than this!!! How cute! Great sewing project!

Cheryl said...

Oh, ha! Thank you!! I didn't realize it was that big of a pillow. I was wondering what was in there that was so big and puffy! Cute fabric!!