Skip to main content

craft fair review

Hello!  I am taking a break from house chores.  Plus it is just too hot and humid to clean.  But I know the house has long been neglected while I crafted and packed and crafted and packed some more for the craft fair.  After I organized all my inventory, I cleaned my craft area and even wiped up the floor.  Amazingly dirty.  Hopefully I can get to vacuuming tomorrow and maybe some more laundry.

Anyway, for the most part, I think I enjoyed the craft fair.  There was a lot of waiting around but at least my hubby and daughter were there to keep me company.  I don't know how people can do this on their own.  It's nice to have some support especially when it gets busy. 

I finally met Linda from the Sister Stamps DT too.  And I met another person who mentioned she reads my blog!  How nice!  I wish I had asked her for her name.  But you know, I am kind of socially slow so hopefully next time.  It's a nice feeling to know others read my ramblings and I'm thankful for that.  So don't be shy if you do see me at a fair, say something!  Hmm, I should do some thing for people that mention my blog.  That would be fun.  I am thinking there could be a couple more fairs in the future for me this year.  Someplace indoors and with AC of course.  I'll let you know.

Here is my cute last minute logo.  I am thinking next time I will maybe iron on my image and name onto the table cloth so it looks less hobo and more professional.  Plus my table cloth was too short.  But oh well, gotta use what you have.

Here is the "used" section of my table.  Some people didn't get the concept of "surprise" and wanted to open the paper packs!  Was I mean to say no?  But I didn't want the bags to rip.  Trust me, there's nice paper in there!  But I still have lots of used items to sell.  My for sale tab is updated at the top of my blog if you're interested.

Sequins and clothespins, pretty popular.  I'll be adding the sequins into my Etsy shop, maybe at the end of the week?  And I have more clothespins on order too.

Handstamped metal items and earrings, not as popular but it's okay.  I know people are gonna want these soon like at Xmas time.

Sterling silver jewelry.

All my joy bags are gone for now.  They sold before the doors opened so no one saw them!  I'm glad some of my potholders found nice homes. 

Most of my cards are gone and all of my calendars too.  Yay for the people that bought them! 

Also had another bin of ribbon keychains and felt pins.  I have a lot of things I want to accomplish after I clean the house.  I'm working on sewing some fabric wine bags.  We don't drink wine but other people do, right?  I think those would be cute to give as Xmas gifts, and I might include some ribbon and handstamped tag or mini card.  Looks so cute in my imagination! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Comments

Jenny said…
You met Linda! I'm guessing the other lady you met was probably Cami? Anyway, glad to hear you did well. If you do some for xmas I'm sure you'll do great! Hope to meet you soon and see what you are selling!
Cheryl said…
Wow, you had a lot of stuff to sell! Great job! Yeah, last minute shoppers like myself not thinking about Xmas yet...
ew said…
Yay for your craft fair success!
Leanne said…
Hey, sounds like a successful event! Yay the first ones are always the hardest, but you've got one under your belt, the next ones should get easier. I'm always looking for Christmas gifts year round, if I think I won't see it again and it's perfect for someone I usually get it. Aww, you met Linda, she's nice and funny. It's always nice to meet people F2F from blogland or FB. Hopefully the other person you met will leave a comment. Cheers on your successful event Eva, looking forward to seeing what's next, those wine bags sound interesting. :D
Holy cow, you were busy, busy, busy making all of those awesome things to sell. What a nice assortment!!!! Glad you did well and wish I was there to shop. Your next craft fair should be a breeze.
Lynn said…
You worked really hard and made great craft items. I wish I lived there and could have seen the products in person. You are a super crafty lady!
Bead Crumbs said…
Those "joy" bags, you need to make more...so cute! Thanks for the craft fair review. Maybe one day I will be brave like you and do one. I'm impressed with all the items you have - and so much variety. Please let us know when you do your next one because I really really hope to say "hello" to you, in person, one day (and of course, see all of your crafties!).
Catherine said…
I am not surprised your sale went so well Eva ! Everything was fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Denice said…
Handmade and good quality are always in demand...sounds like you got it right! Happy to hear the craft fair went well!
Rachel Parys said…
It's nice to get that first one under your belt, helps you anticipate what to do for the next one!! I am sure everything was a hit, and you will have continued success at your future shows!!! Way to go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet