Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Day Beach Day

Edit:  Yay!! Found out my layout won!  So very excited!  Makes me want to craft some more.  If only there was more time in a day.

Wow, long time no post I think.  I was trying to finish up some projects when I realized that this beach themed scrapbook challenge at The Greeting Farm was ending today.  Normally, I don't do many scrapbook pages but I just got this super cute sea life themed paper yesterday from All That Scraps.  So I dug out this old picture of my daughter dated 2004--not even a digital print! 

I used the photo as the backing and made a shaker box filled with sun confetti and and beads.  I also punched out some of the cute faces of the sea animals and put them in too.  The "sun" at the top has a starfish in the middle and is covered with a dome epoxy sticker.  I think it's supposed to be a sunflower from the Hope and Grace stamp set but I like to use it as a sun.  I die cut the yellow felt flower with PTI's Beautiful Blooms die set.

I altered Hope/Grace (I still don't know who is who) with Dress Me Anya's body and changed the bathing suit to match my daughter's one.  I stuck on some letter stickers inspired by one of the sentiments in Oliver & Amelia's stamp set "Happy Day."  I stamped it in the bottom right corner too.  It might be difficult to see.  I was only intending to stamp it once to complete my journaling but it was a little too high so I stamped it a few more times to make it look like it wasn't an accident.  But I still like the way it turned out.

I think I'm beginning to like scrapbooking like this.  Before I wanted to scrapbook events only in chronological order which is why I kind of stopped because I haven't even done my kids' first years yet.  It's kind of how I like to clean too--I have to follow a certain order, my desk, crafting table, then bathroom, then the kitchen, etc.  I know I must have some kind of disorder, hahaha.  I'll try to scrapbook more random events.  Well, thanks for reading.  Have a "Happy Day!"

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So cute! I like the matching swimsuits! Yeah, same here with the kiddie scrapbooks. So I tried to move on to smaller more finite albums, like end of year recap things for the grandparents. Or trip/vacation ones...although Disneyland is looking like it's gonna take a while. The blog looks nice! The rectangles look good.