Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Hello, just popping in with 2 quick Mother's Day cards before I send them off to the grandmas.  Can't believe it's May already and I actually made something.  I wasn't really planning on making anything, but sometimes it's fun to just sit around and make cards.  Maybe I was procrastinating, didn't want to get around to doing the not so fun chores and what not.

Anyhow, I used the sketch from CPS #262, unfortunately it took me so long to make the card that I didn't have time to do a post, so the deadline for that week's challenge has come and gone...
But here's my card anyhow.
I can't keep track of all the names of my stamps anymore and I'm too lazy to go look them up, but this is a Milton stamp colored with pencils.  I tried to do that partial die cutting thing with the image sticking out of the circle.  Made my own text and polka background paper using background stamps from Papertrey Ink.  I like the idea of those background stamps but I have to practice a lot more with lining them up nicely.  The sentiment is from a PTI tag-its.  I thought those little butterflies Eva had on some previous cards were cute so I used my Michael's coupon to buy the Martha Stewart punch a while ago.
This was actually the first card that I made...without following a sketch.  Then I decided I better go find one for my second card.  Again Papertrey ink cardstock.  Stamped the music background stamp from Hero Arts in Spun Sugar distress ink, it faded quite a bit when it dried, maybe I could use the brighter pink next time.  Anyhow, that's it for me.  Have a good rest of the week/month!

6 comments:

eva said...

oh, so cute and pretty!! love the bright colors! just finished watching the voice. i like juliette. she's good. glad you blogged something too. been kind of lazy and haven't finished my card yet.

Alyce said...

Aw Cheryl these are so cute! I love that image and those papers work perfectly. I haven't been game enough to do the partial die cut yet lol - but you have done a great jobn! :)

Rachel Parys said...

Cute Cheryl! Perfect mom-day cards!! Totally need to get started on mine! EEEKK!

Leanne said...

O love these two Cheryl! They are definitely perfect for Mother's day! I also need to get crackin' on my MD cards or what ever I plan to make! hahaha!
TFS!!
;)

RiNNE said...

Such lovely cards!!!

Lorraine said...

EEK, I love that bear! Your coloring is beautiful and love the colors and papers you used, Cheryl!