Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lucky

Hi!  I spent the weekend crafting like crazy trying to finish up 3 cards for TGF's Customer Challenge and Chit Chat Night on SCS.  The theme was music and the challenges were to create a project inspired by a favorite song, favorite music video, and a favorite lyric.  So because I don't know how to just pick one and because I love these kinds of challenges, I had to do them all.  Hehe.

First up is one of my current favorite songs.  I've only recently heard it on the radio and didn't know who sang it so I did a search of it on You tube.  It's called Lucky and I was so surprised that it was sang by Jason Mraz cause I'm not that big a fan of his other songs.  Lucky is a duet with the female part sang by Colbie Caillat who I've never heard of.  Yeah, I'm so not with it.  My card is based on the video.  See HERE

I used TGF's Dressy Edward digi and Fancy Anya.  I think Edward looks pretty stylish and so does Fancy.

Please tell me you know who this is!  This card is for a favorite video.  Technically it's inspired by Adele's Grammy performance and not really an official video. 

I altered TGF's Nurse Anya.  I took away her nurse cap and her tray.  I gave her a scoop neck dress and shiny belt and heels.  And she's holding a broken heart in her hand. 

This is a little corner bookmark which was inspired by Fun's We Are Young.  This one is for a favorite lyric.  I had seen a graduating class sing that song and thought it was such a fun song to perform at graduation.  So I took the most inspirational part of the lyrics and added that to the bookmark.  I gave this to my daughter since she just graduated from 5th grade.  I don't think she knows this song.  You can see the video HERE.  The cute image is TGF's Grad Anya.  I also added a fun tassel in my daughter's school colors.

And so now I'm super pooped.  After finishing these up this morning, I had this urge to clean.  Even though I already had 3 loads of laundry to do, I decided to clean the inside of the fridge and the bathroom.  What exactly possessed me to do that, I can't explain.  It's just a strong urge sometimes. 

Oh, and Happy Father's Day!  I was able to keep my hubby's card hidden til today.  So I guess he doesn't read my blog! 

Thanks for reading!




11 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Wow!!! Eva you were a busy lady this past weekend!

I love all the cards you made. Your interpretation of the songs are perfect.

Cheryl said...

Super cute cards! Great songs! I don't think I even knew about the chat night, not that I would be able to even make anything that fast. Love your Adele, totally looks like her! I can see you don't watch Glee. That's where I heard those 2 songs first! And the Adele song I heard on last season's the voice. So strange that I hear the cover version on TV first.

Blankina said...

Eva, they are just fantastic!!! I love the first couple coloured so well...Original the "ex nurse" and fun the graduate girl...

You did a great job!!

Ciao from a hot Italy,
Hugs Blankina

Creations by Shirl said...

Love all your cards... you always do amazing work on your creations...
Enjoy your week~

Rachel Parys said...

Shut the front door!! These are awesome!! I love them all, but the one with Adele on it is so flippin' perfect! That is totally her! You rocked this theme!

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Wow love the 3 cards,Eva!hugs
Doreen

My Scrap Diary said...

These are great Eva!
My favorite one is the Adele one. It just screams her. You are fast becoming the altering queen, i like that! :)
Thanks for playing with the CNN Music Challenges.
Jess

Ps. Im surprised the school let the graduating class sing the We Are Young song(it talks about abuse with a little bit of drugs mixed in for fun) but i understand, the title/chorus is very catchy and makes you forget about the rest of it.

Lorraine said...

Wow, you were a busy bee, Eva! Love all of your song-inspired creations! Your coloring is beautiful and so are your card designs!

Arabella said...

Wow Eva these are awesome! Gorgeous colouring and the cards are just fab!

Arabella

Leanne said...

O Eva!! These are all fabulous! The first one is so cute, sorry i can't believe you don't know who colbie callait is. i think you'd love her music!
the others are all awesome! I knew that was Adele even before reading the lyrics. hahaha! spot on!
3 fabulous cards! great job!
*;)

RiNNE said...

Hee hee hee! I love Jason Mraz and that song with CC!!! Awesome job on this card...the design and flourishes are fab!

Of course, I recognize miss Voice and break-up herself....Love your adele!

And too cute! you've colored her hair fabulously! Great job!