Sunday, April 17, 2016

sympathy card

Hello!  Is it cold and rainy where you are?  It is here and has been this whole day.  It makes me want to crawl back into bed and take a nice nap!  I have been feeling a little uninspired these past few days.  Maybe the weather has something to do with it. 

Today, I have a sympathy card to share.  I had to make a few recently so I thought I'd add a couple to my shop too.  It's sometimes kind of sudden when you need a sympathy card and I like the idea of giving something that is handmade instead of store bought. 

I stamped the sentiment from Winnie & Walter's the Big, Bold & Comfort.  I think this is the only set you'll need when you make sympathy cards!  It has literally so many word combinations you can make.  Once I stamped the sentiments, I went back in with my Copic multiliner to fill in the words so that it is nice and dark.

The floral accent is also from a Winnie & Walter set called Addie's Blooms.  It is nice and simple.  I colored it in with some light Copic purples and accented it darker with a Prismacolor pencil because I didn't want the marker colors to run through to the other side of the kraft cardstock.

In the end, I like that it is simple but still very thoughtful.

Okay, hopefully I'll have more cards to share soon.  I did finish one today even though I was feeling very sluggy.  Haha, ever feel like that?  Or is it just me?

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So pretty! Thanks!