Thursday, May 5, 2016

thank you for a great year

Hello!  Trying to stay motivated!  I always feel like I'm a step behind.  Like a step behind creating cards for upcoming holidays.  I made Mother's Day cards and graduation cards.  Now I'm trying to make cards for teachers and Father's Day.  But I feel like I should've made them by now.  Maybe I'm a bit slow or I need to think ahead more.

Today, I got around to listing my first teacher thank you card.  Mostly I am also thinking I need to make a few for my own kids' teachers!  My middle child will be moving on to middle school too so that is kind of sad for me.  And also because I will again be driving to 3 schools.  And they'll never be in the same school again.

This is the card with no personalization.  I printed the sentiment onto the cardstock using this swirly brush font that I really love.  The apple is a diecut created from MFT's Red Delicious die.  I don't think they sell this die anymore.

I stamped one of the teacher's names onto this apple using a letter set from Lawn Fawn.

I didn't glue down the leaves completely to give it a little bit of dimension.

That's it for now.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Cute font! I've gotten lazy and only contribute to a class gift nowadays.