Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stick Pins in Tins

Hi!  Hmmm, seems like a while since I've posted anything.  But I have been crafting.  With Mother's Day coming up, I thought I'd put together some simple gifts for some crafty friends.  I was wanting to package up some cute stick pins that I had bought a while ago and got inspired to do so HERE.  I made mine a bit differently since I also wanted to place them in tins.

Floral stick pins.  The pins are stuck into fun foam on the bottom which you can't see from this view.

Leaf stick pins.  I should have had my hubby take side view photos too so you can see that they are not just flat.  They stick out about a quarter of an inch.

Heart stick pins.  All the pins are from Maya Road which I purchased online from Eclectic Paperie.

I made 3 sets.  It was fast after I made the first set.

3 fit nicely in one tin.  I recycled these tins which held paper flowers before.

Do you notice the odd ball?  My hubby always has one not matching the others.  I added some ribbon (recycled from my kids' Easter treats--good thing I have 3 kids) and also used PTI's Tiny Tags (3 on each tin) tied with twine.

If you have any questions on how I made these, just leave me a comment.

Thanks for reading and hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute pinholders! The packaging is so pretty too! How nice, you have a photographer!

Lorraine said...

Oh I love your packaging of the pins! That's a great gift idea!

Sunghee said...

Fab fab fab!!! What a lovely packaging for pins! LOVE IT!

fortheloveofcrafting said...

Very cute! Are they hairpins or sewing pins though? I can't tell.