Thursday, May 19, 2011

A+ Teachers

Hi!  It's been a while since I got to play in My Favorite Things weekly sketch.  They are now on sketch 20!  I think I missed a few weeks and I'm behind on my 2012 calendar!  Hopefully I'll catch up next month.  Here's this week's sketch.


I made 2 cards following the sketch and the card on the right was from way long ago following a different sketch but I wanted to show all three cards the kids will be giving to their teachers at the end of the school year.  I let them pick which ones they liked the best to give to their teachers.  They're all a little different.

I like this card a lot.  It's looks fun and bright and my daughter picked it for one of her teachers.  The background uses the graph stamp from Hero Arts.  I like these background stamps a lot too.  Then I used Pure Innocence Make the Grade stamp.  All the sentiments including the A+ is from the set. 

My son picked this one for his teacher.  I crossed out the word student in the circle and wrote teacher so it would read Teacher's Grade Card.  I like this card a lot too especially the papers. 

The third card is going to another one of my daughter's teachers.  I like that one too with the felt doily and ribbon.  Gee, I guess I like all of these cards and hopefully the teachers will too.

I'm still in the process of making something small (and I mean literally small) for my son's kindergarten class.  I have a lot of crafting to do still.  My daughter didn't want to make anything for her class so that lessens the load a bit.  I still have the teachers' gifts to package up.

Thanks for reading and have a great Friday!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

All the cards are really nice! Lucky teachers! Gee, I don't know how you keep up with making goody bags for all the kids!

Lorraine said...

Oh, these are adorable! Love the different designs, papers and colors you used.

donna mikasa said...

Such wonderful teacher cards! Any teacher would love them!