Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TGF Heart Journaling--week 12

Hi!  TGF Heart Journaling time again!  It's week 12, so finally at the half way mark.  This time the theme is to make a watercolor effect.  So I went with my kids' watercolors and my hubby's old watercolor pencils.

Yeah, it's Christmas again!  This penguin is also from Wild Rose Studios and is called Pickle.  He's cute!  So I tried to make a tree with the watercolors and did the background as well.  This is the reason why I don't draw and instead buy stamps.  Hehe.

I used watercolor pencils for Pickle and I like the way that came out.  Found the quote online after searching for a bit for something that would match my scene.  I didn't really know quite what I was going for, just that I wanted to use this stamp. 

Gee, the time goes by so quickly.  I hope I can finish another card before picking up the kids.  But stuff like chores and laundry get in the way.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This is awesome, great water coloring and that image is right on.... such a great jounal page...

RiNNE said...

Darn chores!! Lol! I think your tree looks great. The scene is very artistic! You did a fabulous job! You inspire me to use other things besides Copics to color!

Cheryl said...

Neat background water coloring. Water color pencils look nice too. The penguin is sooooo cute!

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Love this penguin!Love how the water colour effect came out EVA!
hugs
Doreen