Skip to main content

TGF Heart Journaling--week 12

Hi!  TGF Heart Journaling time again!  It's week 12, so finally at the half way mark.  This time the theme is to make a watercolor effect.  So I went with my kids' watercolors and my hubby's old watercolor pencils.

Yeah, it's Christmas again!  This penguin is also from Wild Rose Studios and is called Pickle.  He's cute!  So I tried to make a tree with the watercolors and did the background as well.  This is the reason why I don't draw and instead buy stamps.  Hehe.

I used watercolor pencils for Pickle and I like the way that came out.  Found the quote online after searching for a bit for something that would match my scene.  I didn't really know quite what I was going for, just that I wanted to use this stamp. 

Gee, the time goes by so quickly.  I hope I can finish another card before picking up the kids.  But stuff like chores and laundry get in the way.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

Comments

This is awesome, great water coloring and that image is right on.... such a great jounal page...
RiNNE said…
Darn chores!! Lol! I think your tree looks great. The scene is very artistic! You did a fabulous job! You inspire me to use other things besides Copics to color!
Cheryl said…
Neat background water coloring. Water color pencils look nice too. The penguin is sooooo cute!
Love this penguin!Love how the water colour effect came out EVA!
hugs
Doreen

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...