Thursday, May 21, 2015

Christmas in May

Hello!  Thank you all for the encouraging comments and support of my Etsy store opening.  I'll be adding more items soon.

Today I am sharing my finished Christmas tree skirt.  I know it's May but I had only finished the top half of this skirt last year and was looking for red fabric for the bottom half.  Finally found some at a good price at Walmart.  The Walmart I go to doesn't seem to restock very quickly.  Red seems to be a popular color also.  I bought whatever was left of the red fabric and when I went back today they still hadn't restocked it.

Here is my finished tree skirt.  I purchased a pattern from HERE.  The patterned fabric is a Doodlebug line from Riley Blake that I purchased online.  And I'm pretty much proud of this skirt!  I can't believe I made it.  And I made the binding also and sewed the back of the binding by hand.  I thought it would take me forever but the hand sewing wasn't too long.

I did poke my fingers in a couple places while I was putting this together.  So many pins to hold everything in place.  And it's actually kind of heavy.  I was surprised at that.  I guess because it's kind of big.  I want to make more of these skirts and also try to quilt a little blanket.  Those are my next sewing goals.

By the way, I am going to have one last sale of some of my crafty stuff soon.  It's just a bunch of miscellaneous brands, SOG, Lawn Fawn, some dies, and some Pure Innocence stamps.  And some Stampin' Up too. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!




4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Pretty quilting!

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty, and something you can re-use year after year..... I once was an avid sewer and worked for Singer Co too. But it was a hobby that could become costly as well, LOL!

Denice said...

Yowza, what a wonderful tree skirt...lot's of blood and sweat went into it, you'll treasure it every year you put it under the tree.
:Dxx

Leanne said...

Hey Eva!! Beautiful tree skirt! You've certainly been a busy crafty bee! Loving all the different projects you've been sharing, your talent knows no bounds.