Thursday, August 18, 2016

amigurumi cupcake

Hello!  I have been crocheting a lot this summer.  I've made a few scarves, a wrap and some amigurumi.  But crocheting hurts my hand because I think I hold the yarn kind of tightly with my left hand especially when I make amigurumi.  I'm trying to not make the gaps between the stitches so big.  So recently I bought myself a Clover hook and that is so much better!  My hands don't hurt as much and I can crochet a lot longer.  Just need to buy them in all the different sizes but each one is a bit pricey. 

Anyway, saw this super cute cupcake HERE.  She made them into pincushions and they all look adorable with their little faces.  I had to make one of these!

Here is my version.  I placed poly pellets in the bottom of the cupcake so it could be more like a paper weight. 

I added a small pom pom that I made and added clear seed beads on the top of the pink "frosting."  I added a tag too because we decided to give this cupcake to my son's teacher on the first day of school.

I'm hoping I can make more of these cause they are just so cute!

I'll be back to share some other cute crochet projects.  Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Bead Crumbs said...

I'm always impressed by your craftiness! You do everything and the results are so cute!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, that is so KAWAI'I. You are the master of all crafts.

Cheryl said...

So cute! And handy. Gee, I must be writing too many comments at once, I can't just check the box for I'm not a robot, it's actually giving me tests now