Skip to main content

reach for the stars

Hello!  Well, it's been a gazillion years since I entered any kind of card making challenge or contest.  And when I actually first saw the announcement for MFT's Superstar Card Contest I was not going to participate.  But something clicked last night and all of a sudden I felt kind of competitive!  And did you see the prize they are giving out?  Wow, very generous!  So why not?  I'm gonna enter.  And I might even enter the max 3 times.  Who knows?

So here is entry number 1.

I love the Birdie Brown sets over at MFT.  So stinkin' cute!  And for a while I couldn't color up these cute piggies from the Hog Heaven set because I had run out of ink in a couple of my pink Copics.  But finally got the refills over the weekend so this all kind of worked out.  The little piggy with the angel wing, so adorable!

The Reach for the Stars sentiment is from MFT's Happy Graduation set which I got when they had their huge retirement sale.  Piggies can have dreams too, you know.  The sentiment I heat embossed in a gold color.  I also blended the background with distress inks.  I stenciled in the white stars using MFT's vertical Starry Sky stencil and added in some glitter.  Added some glitter on to the piggy's wing too.  Then added a tiny bit of gold star confetti.  Yup, those were kind of tricky being so tiny but I did it.

The clouds are from MFT's End of the Rainbow die set.  I kind of love this card.  And I'm glad I decided to enter the contest because I don't think I would've paired a graduation set with piggies if I hadn't. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hoping to get a couple more cards into the contest before the deadline.


Comments

Rachel Parys said…
Isn't this just the cutest!! Love the background!
Cheryl said…
So pretty! I like the color combo of the background

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...