Monday, April 11, 2011

A Wild Sprout Dylan Happy Birthday

Sorry, I don't have very original titles for my posts.  I'm just amazed that I have something to post.  Today is the start of "no homework" week for my son, which translates into less work for me as well...at least for today.  So I decided to make a boy card for the Farm Fresh Friday challenge.

And I needed help from a sketch.  I just now discovered that Beate Johns has a list of challenge blogs on her sidebar so I happened to click on Sunday Sketch and Stamp and the latest Challenge #51 was up.  I think I should have scaled my card a little better since there seems to be a lot of blank space up top, oh well.  I added the eyelets on the left side, and now I remember why I don't really care for eyelets, I don't know how to attach them nicely!   I used a Basic Grey paper pack called Recess with PTI cardstock.

I used one of the Tag-Its sentiments, and just punched out a 1 inch circle and added a twine bow.  Dylan is colored with prismacolor pencils.  Something was weird with the blending stump I used for his clothes, it didn't blend too nicely...I think the tip was too pointy.

Bye!  (Possibly for a few weeks)

5 comments:

Sunghee said...

cool boy card! How long do you usually spend on a card? I dont know how you keep up with making so many cool stuff so often!

eva said...

i like dylan too, he's so cute! this looks like a fun boy card! i have something in mind too for the boy challenge, just have to get it done.

Claire x said...

Great card and image and a good take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with SS&S this week. Hugs, Claire x

Mimiko said...

Really great, love those colours.
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)

Vintage Milly said...

Wow, this is really fab. Thanks for joining in with our sketch this time at Sunday Sketch and Stamp,
Em.x