Saturday, April 9, 2011

You are my sunshine

Hi!  Here's a card inspired by TGF's Which One Wednesday Spring Challenge and also All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge (anything goes).  I loosely followed sketch #141 from Friday Sketchers.  So sad that I only got to participate in their last sketch before they shut their doors.  But they still have a bunch of great sketches that are all new to me so I thought I'd try them.

I'm proud of this card because I used old papers and a stamp (TGF's Summer from the Roll Call set) I haven't used yet.  And I've had that sentiment for a while too now.  So I'm really trying to reduce my paper supply and ink up each of my stamps.

I used floral shaped pins again behind the felt grass.  I cut the grass with shredder scissors.  We bought it to shred important papers but they work pretty well for cutting grass.  I added the rhinestones onto the pins and larger rhinestones on the brown twine over the grass.  I also found another use for fun foam!  Behind the grass is a strip of fun foam and I poked the pins through that.  Hopefully whoever gets this card doesn't get poked!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Awesome card!! You totally captured the Spring theme and colors in this scene. Love all the details. Thanks for playing along in this week's WOW challenge. Good luck! ;)

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Hi Eva , Lovely card love the details of the grass and flower pins.
hugs,
doreen

Cheryl said...

Cute! Love all the glitter and bling! Cracks me up that you shred by scissors! Now I know what to get you for your next birthday - an electric paper shredder!

Lorraine said...

Oh I love this, Eva! The bright colors, the fun pins and those rhinestones on the flowers & twine. Cool!

Sunghee said...

heeheehee. she makes me smile. Cute card! I love how you added blings on the twine. It is so pretty!