Skip to main content

Birthday Kitty

Hello.  I finally made a card!   I feel like I'm being relatively productive, but when I actually need a card, I don't have anything in my stash!  I think I agonize too much over what to make and where to put things and it takes me forever to finish a card!  I'm finally posting it now since it arrived in the mail to the intended recipient, whew, luckily it made it on time.  I thought I would have more time over fall break, like not needing to wake up so early to get the kids ready for school, but I don't know where the time goes, maybe watching too much X-factor!
First I wanted to use my new Spellbinders heart circle.  Which was part of my problem because I couldn't find any card sketches online last week that used a big circle!  And then I didn't want to waste too much time web surfing when I had to get this into the mailbox.  Then I wanted a birthday-ish image, so out of all the Wild Rose Studio clearance stamps that I had bought, this one seemed the most appropriate, except now I'm thinking I should have colored the cat gray or something to match the cardstock better.  And ack, but I don't actually have a sentiment on the front, which feels a little weird to me, but I couldn't find a good place to put it.  I actually wanted to use my Papertrey Ink Big Birthday Wishes but it was hard to squeeze those large sentiments, numbers, plus this large cat image onto the heart circle.
So I just put those on the inside.  Which is why there is a pink circle on a pink card since I had already glued the numbers down to the circle.  OK, that's about it for me.  Eva, I'm looking forward to more of your crafty creations.  I'm thinking at this rate, I better get started on some Xmas cards and forget Halloween already!

Comments

What a very pretty card Cheryl~
That heart spellbinders die is really pretty, very cute kitty cat....
RiNNE said…
I think your card worked out, even without a sentiment, or a challenge, or that the circle was glued to the square. Because you did corner-rounding and had the purple embossed paper, it all blended beautiFull
eva said…
thanks for this card! h really liked the glitter and the colors. nice to see you on the blog again too!
Cheryl said…
I thought I just posted the last card not too long ago, cuz it seemed like a major crafting event, but I guess it's been a month already! And I almost didn't add the stickles! Right when I thought I was going to put it in the envelope already, I thought maybe it looked too plain or something. Good thing there was still enough time for it to dry!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...