Skip to main content

Halloween Treats

Hi!  Thought I'd take a little break from Lego and post some Halloween treats I made for some of my kids' teachers. 

I used PTI's Favor it box 6 die and the coordinating Halloween Treats and Sweets stamp set and dies.  I have to admit that this is the set that broke my PTI boycott.  Hehe.  I was doing so well not purchasing from them every month but when I saw this set I really wanted it.  Sooo cute!  Though the box is a bit small I think for stuffing with candy for the kids. 

So for all of these, I used cardstock for the boxes and just used felt for the front to conserve (or hoard) my felt.  Plus I think the card stock makes it a bit sturdier.  Nichole had a project using all felt but after I cut an entire one out of felt, it didn't look like it could keep it's shape nicely.  I stitched some of the features on the cat.  And look more googly eyes!

Here's a spider and skeleton.  A mini hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works fit in the boxes nicely.  The spider is holding 3 small packages of jelly beans.  See, can't hold much candy.  Well, from a kid's point of view, anyway. 

I'll be entering this in Wee Memories Challenge -- Free for all

I miss stamping and coloring. :(  Still 3 more weeks of Lego practice and prep to go.  I will share the favors and whatnot when I'm done with them.  I think they will turn out cute!

Thanks so much for reading and hope you're having a great weekend!

Comments

RiNNE said…
Such cute projects, Eva! Love how each character is a bit different from one another but still similar! Can't wait to see more projects! I know how you feel about wishing you could craft more. I'm due to go back to work soon after my maternity leave, and I'm not looking forward to less crafty time.
These are so adorable Eva~
Great treat holders and each character is just to, to cute......great project idea....
Have another crafty day!
Cheryl said…
So cute! Now I feel bad for not even remembering the teachers on Halloween. The stitching looks great! Love the matching tags
Lorraine said…
OMG, these are so stinkin' cute! And with matching little taggies, too! You rock, Eva! And I haven't ordered for a while from PTI - except for this past release - to get some dies!
Cathy Fongjoyo said…
HOW CUTE is these!!! the tags looks cute too! very inspiring!! thank you for joining us at wee memories this week, hope to see your creation at our next challenge
These are so adorable. Great for party favors and little gifts.
Cheryl said…
Omg! So cute!!! Love how you added some handstitching.
This is adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...