Friday, May 7, 2010

Just a little card

This is a Leigh's Wishing Well stamp from years and years ago. I also have a CD of clipart (I think we bought it at a craft fair a long time ago), which I now realize the black and white images are technically digital stamps! Although I haven't really looked at the images for a while. Anyhow, I had bought BIC markers and wanted to try coloring something. The tips were a little broad, and the ink can bleed into the cardstock quite a bit. I think I also embossed the image before coloring. Anyhow, that was too much work so I decided to go back to colored pencils. I had almost given up on colored pencils until I tried the baby oil. A lot of people talk about odorless mineral spirits, but my husband uses that as a cleaner and the fumes give me a headache.

Anyhow, it was taking me forever to figure out how to make the watermark brush again. Apparently the size of the selection can't be larger than 2500 pixels. (Thanks, PSE 7 The Missing Manual).

Well, I guess I should get started on the end of year thank you cards for my son's preschool teachers. I'm changing it to cards since we're contributing now to a class gift.

2 comments:

eva said...

i remember those stamps and the cd. i still have all mine. i think they are still in business too. i use the actions thing under the window tab to make my watermark.

Cheryl said...

I don't know if I have that watermark action, do you have PSE 8 or regular photoshop? I used the magic wand to select the text, and under Edit, there's supposed to be a Define selection as brush, but it would be grayed out...until I made it smaller. But once I make the brush, it's in the brush collection then I can stamp it on a new layer and decrease the opacity to between 30-50%.