Friday, November 26, 2010

Metal Bookmarks

Hi!  Wow, so my first PTI blog hop yesterday was fun!  Thanks for all the sweet comments!  There were lots of pretty and amazing tags made by other bloggers.  I tried to check out as many blogs as I could yesterday in between cooking and eating and eating some more.  It's the first time I had to cook a whole Thanksgiving dinner for my family.  And we learned that rubbing a whole stick of butter inside and outside of the turkey really does make it moist.  We cooked it in the bag and it was really simple and yummy.  

I made these little metal bookmarks following Nicole Heady's tutorial.  Some will be Xmas gifts for teachers and some for family.  I think I like the silver one the best.

I used the Book Print Impression Plate before die cutting it with the bookmark topper die for some of these bookmarks.  All the felt is from PTI.  I love PTI felt!  I think I have almost one of every color.

Before I go, I wanted to thank my November OCS partner, Lorraine, for the very pretty card she sent me.  The card was so detailed!  And she even sent me some goodies!  A little holiday planner notepad--I love making these too.  And a small photo album too!  She's a huge PTI fan too. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What pretty bookmarks! Don't you get tired after just making one??? By the way, how do you stick your felt down? Glue gun or regular glue? Or sewing with the button? Not that I have any PTI felt, but just in case for future reference. Your turkey sounds yummy!

eva said...

sometimes i sew it together if there's a button or i use sticky tape. i think if you use glue you have to wait a bit for the glue to set and stick. but i'll use glue too. just depends i guess.

Lorraine said...

Hi Eva! You're welcome. That was a fun card swap! Your bookmarks are beautiful! I have yet to mass produce any holiday gifts, lol.