Skip to main content

Thank You, Teacher

Hi!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  Our kids were so very excited.  They unwrapped all their gifts but are still in the process of opening and playing with each of their new toys.  I even got to venture out and do some after-Christmas sale shopping.  Maybe I should have just stayed home but I really wanted to take advantage of the sale at Hallmark.  I love to collect those ornaments.  I had to do some squeezing in at the store cause it was really crowded.  After just a handful of stores, I was ready to come home.  I remember the days I could walk the entire mall and spend my whole day there.  That is not the case these days.

Just a simple card to share today.  It was for one of my daughter's teachers.  Stamp is from Claudia & Co. called School Time Lucy.  She's a cutie!

Well, I'm gonna get to some cleaning and organizing so I can start crafting again.  Thanks for reading and have a great week!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Cute card and stamp! I guess I never looked too closely at that brand before. I went to Hallmark too! I was hoping there would be the Yoda and Capt Rex I saw on the website, but had to settle for Where the Wild Things Are. I think I went overboard with the girl ornaments.
Lorraine said…
Whoa, you are brave to face the after Christmas crowds. I didn't step one foot in any mall yesterday, lol. Even though I do have to make some toy returns, lol. Your card is adorable and that image is cute!
donna mikasa said…
I used to venture to the mall to get wrapping paper at 50% off...not anymore! Love your card--super cute image and I love the chalkboard paper.

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...