Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Make the Grade

Hi!  My Favorite Things has weekly challenges too!  I've been wanting to play along and finally got a chance with this week's sketch.

Here's my card!  Stamp is Pure Innocence You Make the Grade.  I wanted to find a new stamp for cards for my kids' teachers and thought this was super cute.  

I cut the red doily using MFT's Die-namics die out of felt.  I love all this doily stuff!  I used copics to color her board and stamped the sentiment using PTI's fresh snow.  It came out kind of light so I wrote over it with my white gel pen.

My bow--I hardly ever make bows on my cards.  I didn't really on this card either.  I just tied some baker's twine around after I made the loops and added the flower shaped button (Stampin' Up from Sunghee).  So I cheated a little.  Ribbon is from PTI.

All cardstock is PTI and papers are from October Afternoon's Schoolhouse.  I don't know why but I really love all school themed products like stamps and paper.  As a kid and even as a college student I really looked forward to the first day of school because I got to buy new school supplies.  Something about new notebooks and pencils and folders, I really love.  So I have fun when I shop for my kids' school supplies too.

I can't believe the weekend is almost gone already.  Even as a stay at home mom, I look forward to Fridays and dread Mondays.  But not as much as when I was working.  Heehee.  I feel some relief that I can wake up Monday mornings and not worry about heading to work.  I can just concentrate on getting the kids to school.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is really cute! I like the matching chalkboard and paper! This little girl is really cute! Your white gel pen looks like it writes pretty nicely. I couldn't tell that your bow wasn't tied. I might have to try it your way, sounds like it might be easier to get the loops and tails aligned.

sunnysideup said...

wow looks great,Eva, love the colour combi-red against the grayish chalk board.
Hugs,
Doreensng

Lorraine said...

Oh this is adorable! Love the felt doily, the chalkboard paper background, and that cute image! Oh and I can never get fresh snow ink to take to paper...so frustrating. And I ENVY you not having to go to work, lol!