Skip to main content

I appreciate you!

Well, that is the sentiment on my latest card.  But I also wanted to say thanks to Eva, for keeping up the blog, making so many beautiful and creative crafty things, and inspiring me to actually use my supplies (but then buying even more things too!)  I can't believe I lasted a year, even if I only managed to make things sporadically.  But it has actually been a pretty productive year for me...recording it all on our blog has been motivational.

Anyhow, I can't believe I didn't look at all these challenge blogs earlier, especially the sketch and color combination ones.  They help me out a lot with design ideas...I am the crafty-challenged one on this blog, I mostly enjoy the cutting and pasting parts, not so good at the creativity part.  Let's just say I'm lucky this is not my day job.

Anyhow, I'm playing along this week at the Play Date Cafe... 
 It's basically all PTI...cardstock, polka dot paper and stamp set, and Spellbinders...labels and tags.  I did cut the border with a Hello Kitty sizzlit border.
The ribbon was probably from Michaels.  I added some to the ends of the tag and stuck it down with a glue dot which was kind of difficult to place, I should probably try a different adhesive next time.
 I used the Bow-Easy again, somehow my bow ended up a little twisted.  I might end up gluing part of the tails down.
OK, after I saw the photo, it looked like the sentiment tag was too high up.  Luckily I didn't use much adhesive and could take it off without ripping any paper.  So I moved the tag down just a little, there was still old adhesive there so I couldn't really go any lower.  Was that being too picky?  That's why it takes me forever to make things too.

Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Comments

donna mikasa said…
Such a sweet card, Cheryl! Love the sketch and colors. You and Eva are both lucky to have each other to run the blog! Happy Easter!
eva said…
wow, 2 challenges in one! i like that color combo--it's very pretty. i like the ribbon through the tag too. you're so not crafty-challenged! i like to use color combo ideas and sketches too--it helps a lot.
Vanessa said…
Super sweet card! Love these colors so much. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!!!
Georgiana said…
Great card. Good luck with the challenge.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations
Such a sweet card! I like your sentiment panel tied up with little bits of ribbon...so cute. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!
Andrea Ewen said…
This card is so sweet, Cheryl! Love what you've done with the colors and your Card Patterns sketch is right on! That flower is adorable and I think your sentiment placement is perfect!Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
Jaclyn Miller said…
Love that you used a Hello Kitty border! :) That frame is super cute with its gingham ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.
~amy~ said…
Darling card...love the mix of challenges! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...