Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TGF Heart Journaling--week 17

Hi!  Week 17 of TGF's Heart Journaling.  Theme this week is Soul Food and to create a page based on your favorite food.  Okay, I hate exercising.  So I'm trying to not eat too much junk food cause really I don't wanna have to exercise all the extra pounds off.  I love food but I'm really more lazy unless I have a serious craving for something.  So for this layout, I thought I'd create a page dedicated to some of my favorite guilty pleasures.

I don't even think Cheryl knows the kinds of food I sometimes crave.  But pretty close to the top has to be KFC Original Recipe Chicken.  I mean, I LOVE it!  I don't eat it often but I'll have a craving for it now and then.  I love that it's salty.  I think I'm a salty and sweet kind of person.  But after I eat it, I sometimes feel sick.  Not like a guilty sick but physically nauseous sometimes cause it's pretty oily and greasy.  So then I vow not to eat it again but then I do.  Vicious cycle! 

Also on this page is pork rinds.  Hahaha.  Who would've guessed?  But I love them too and the sad thing is so do my kids so I have to hide the bag from them cause they'll ask for it if they see it.  I know, I'm a hypocritical mom. 

And my last 2 guilty pleasures are chocolate covered almonds and hohos.  So maybe the chocolate almonds are not that bad for you in moderation but I love the one from Costco and yeah, there's a lot.  That's another one I have to hide from the kids.

I actually printed these photos from online and wrote some journaling around it.  Hmmm, I could go for some pork rinds now and good thing I have some in the house!  Hehe.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, is it already art journal time again? Yeah, KFC is pretty good, in small doses, the one near our house closed I think. The pork rinds not so much... I didn't know they still made ho hos, is that the same brand as twinkies and the cupcakes with the white swirly line down the middle? Haven't seen those around since I was a kid! Sounds yummy! Although I like mochi things the best!

Creations by Shirl said...

All my kind of junk foods.... how can you resist that are just delish in every aspect...
Great journal page Eva~

RiNNE said...

LOL!! I do love me some junk food too! Nice to hear about your faves! What a cool assignment from TGF, I think it's so interesting to hear what people crave or their favorite thing to cook! I once had this beloved Japanese restaurant & I'd always order their Tempura. I'd also feel nauseous after-- I think that happens when you eat fried food after not having any for a while. As for the chocolate-covered almonds- just think that almonds are super food (lots of omega-3s) & chocolate is good for you in moderation!! ;)