Sunday, November 27, 2011

Merry and Bright

Hello again.  I actually made a card for The Greeting Farm's Monday Fun Day #8.  The weeks are flying by, I guess it's been a while since I participated in a Greeting Farm challenge.  Anyhow, here's the sketch...
And here's my card...
I printed a background paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly Golly pack that I got from One Buck Wednesday on Jessica Sprague's site.  That was an event in itself, because the colors look different depending on if you pick PSE to manage color or printer to manage color.  I tried to match Vivi's clothes to the paper, it turned out a bit colorful.  I think all the stripes were getting me confused.  I colored her face again with copics.  I think it's hard not to leave a dark rim when adding the darker color for shadowing.  I think I just colored over everything with the lightest color and when it dried it didn't look too bad.  Added some stickles to the fur trim and jingle bell.  The sentiment is from PTI's Tag It, the snowflake is a Martha Stewart punch that I used on some Doodlebug glitter paper.

Bye!

6 comments:

eva said...

hi cheryl! this looks like a fun, bright card! yeah, i think depends on your skin color combo too to get the look you want. i think some folks like that dark shadow around the rim.

margie c {The Bumble Girl} said...

Wow! Such cute bright and merry colors! Adorable card :)
Thank you for playing with my sketch at The Greeting Farm Challenge this week!!!
hugs, margie

RiNNE said...

Beautiful colors! Such a cute card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Cheryl~
love this cutie image, looks like a fun card.....

Lorraine said...

Your card is adorable and fun - love the non-traditional Christmas colors again! Your coloring matches the papers perfectly.

mousekemom said...

Love the colors and fabulous use of Vivi! She is just precious and can't think of a better card for her to be featured on. Thanks for joining the Monday Funday sketch challenge at TGF's Farm Fresh Challenge blog!