Skip to main content

An alligator, a hippo and a penguin ...

Hi!  Happy Easter!  Today I want to share the three little animals I crocheted for my kids for Easter.  I had posted HERE some crocheted Easter baskets and an amigurumi bunny.  That's when my kids saw this book I had called Easy Crochet Critters to crochet amigurumi animals.  It's a book by Vanna White!  Yes, the same Vanna from Wheel of Fortune!  I bought my book from Lion Brand Yarn.  Anyway, the kids requested some animals and I think I had told them maybe for Easter.  So my middle one kept asking me if I had made him the alligator yet and I still wanted it to be somewhat of a surprise so I kept telling him no.  So Easter morning they'll all be surprised!  I'm hoping I can hide them somewhere and maybe make a little treasure hunt out of it.

Here's the alligator for my middle one.  And I finally tracked down some safety eyes.  I had to order them at Etsy from HERE.  The prices seemed reasonable and the service very quick.  I think I like these eyes better than the beads I sewed onto the bunny.  This particular store also had safety eyes in all sorts of colors.  Pretty neat.

Here's the alligator fighting off some Ninjas!  Hahaha, my hubby took these photos for me.

Some views of the hippo for my youngest.

Hippo's turn to fight the Ninjas!

A sweet, purple penguin for my oldest.  This is my favorite and it's not in the book I mentioned above but the pattern can be found on Lion Brand Yarn's website.  It's pattern number 70583.  I decided to go with purple since that is her favorite color.  This penguin is round like a ball.  Super cute!

Sorry, no fighting for the penguin.  The three new friends together.

And a shot of their behinds.  Heehee.

Thanks for reading and hope you're having a great weekend.  We're lucky, the kids get one more day off on Monday.  Now I'm off to think of some clever rhymes for this Easter treasure hunt.

Comments

Cheryl said…
The animals are sooooo adorable! That round puffball penguin is my favorite too! Have a nice Easter and treasure hunt!
Sunghee said…
awww~!!! no way!!! they are so cute! I wish I can crochette. I bought a arugurumi book, and my son has been asking me to make some, but i dont knwo how to. Cute~~~ Hippo is my fav. Hope you guys had fun easter!
Lorraine said…
Oh these are just so adorable! Love them and I bet your kids did, too!
Andrea M said…
OMG Eva!! These are too CUTE for words!!! I must look up the awesome patterns!! Although, I doubt mine will be as AMAZING as yours!!! Love the butt shot too tee, hee!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...