Hello. I'm actually making a seasonal card, before the season is over, or technically even before it begins since it still feels like summer weather around here.
Anyhow, I was wanting to make a fall birthday card, and found this Hero Arts leaves stamp set that I won last winter from a blog giveaway. So I searched online to get some ideas of what people have done with this set, and I found this card by Nichol Magouirk. I thought she did some neat things with the background stamping, so here is my version, the simplified version. This was quite a bit of stamping for me though.
First off, this is a larger card than usual, I just folded the letter size cardstock (Summer Sunrise from PTI) in half. I used Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge distress ink for the leaves, and Scattered Straw for the text. The text is rather faint, which turned out to be a good thing since I stamped one half upside down! It's one of those really slanty old style handwriting fonts from a Studio 490 background stamp. I actually wasn't really paying attention until after I stamped it as I was more concerned with positioning the card over the stamp since I didn't have a huge acrylic block for it.
The brown piece was embossed with a woodgrain folder, then I added walnut stain distress ink to the raised areas trying to make them stand out more, but it didn't really make an obvious difference. I cut the numbers on my Craft Robo, using a thick chunky font, Nobility Casual. I thought my little machine wouldn't be able to handle Papertrey ink cardstock, but I just cut it twice (there is actually a double cut function which I didn't notice at first) and it turned out OK. Then I stamped the numbers with a background stamp from Studio 490, again, like I've seen Nichol Magouirk do with her die cuts.
The Big Birthday Wishes words were embossed with black embossing powder. That was a bit of a mistake as the ink was a little too dry, so the powder didn't stick too well to the actual stamped images but decided to stick everywhere else on the cardstock. Then finally I added the 2 little Tiny Tags in Terracotta Tile. It feels a bit empty on the right, but oh well, that's what happens when I don't use a sketch. Maybe I will slide the string and tags over to the right a little more.