Sunday, September 4, 2011

a quickie birthday card

Hello.  Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.  I don't usually make birthday cards for my son's friends since I'm usually so last minute I don't even have time before the parties.  But today I actually had time, plus I needed one.  I was going to choose a ready made one from the Basic Grey Oliver card kit but it seemed to be more for babies or other occasions.  And I already used the birthday one from the card kit last week for another birthday boy.
 I followed the sketch at Card Positioning Systems.
 The dog with presents is from It's My Birthday from CC Designs Rubber Stamps.  I think I got a little impatient with the coloring plus used too big of a blending stump.  Oh well, I hope the birthday boy won't notice.  I actually used an older Papertrey Ink set, the Borders and Corners Circles stamps.  My son actually stamped the little stars in the corners.  I used the same Tim Holtz paper pack that I've used on previous cards.  Seems like I always use these colors for boy cards, I need to find some color challenges or something.  
I also played around with some cutting files.  I have the first generation Craft Robo which actually works with the latest Silhouette Studio software.  The envelope is a template I bought from Kerri Bradford's online store.  Note to self, the envelope is 4 3/8 by 6 1/8 inches without resizing.  I actually cut the envelope too small the first time because I thought it wouldn't fit on my cutting mat.  I didn't get too fancy with it, there were polka dots and icons you could cut out from the envelopes as well.  Well, have a good rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is so cute, love that adorable little image and the neat envelope shape. Great use of the CPS sketch.

eva said...

hi cheryl,cute card! haven't used those images in a while. nice matching envelope too!

Lorraine said...

Adorable! Love the cute image, your take on the sketch your homemade envelope and your son helping you! Oh and I've got to remember my Silhouette (which is layered w/ dust by now, lol).

sandee said...

Great boys card!

Jessica T said...

Great Boys card, and the colours work well together! Love the envelope too. Thanks for the inspiration x