Monday, September 12, 2011

stir, sip & enjoy

Hi!  I was so inspired by TGF's current Farm Fresh Friday challenge--You're Hot and You're Cold to finally use Cafe Ian.  And I have that song in my head every time I read the challenge post.  I wasn't quite sure what to make until I saw an unopened box of hot chocolate on my shelf.  I was afraid it was expired but hot chocolate lasts a long time--this box doesn't expire until 2012!  Anyway, I thought I could make like a tea box dispenser thingy except larger to hold hot chocolate packets.  But in the end, I made it a bit different.

It's almost like an upright tissue box cover but just smaller.  It fits 10 packets of hot chocolate.

Here is the front with Cafe Ian.  I love this paper and thought he matched nicely sipping hot chocolate on Xmas morning.  The sentiment is from PTI's Tiny Treats Christmas.

A different view.

The top view.  I used PTI's label die to cut through the top for easy access.

I think my project fits both the hot and cold theme.  It's Christmas-y but also it's hot chocolate.  Hehe.  I'm glad too that I made another Xmas gift for one of my kids' teachers/classroom aides/extra-curricular coach/teachers.  After making my list, I realize there are about 16 teacher gifts I have to make!  I've made 3 things so far so 13 more to go.  That's doable, right?  Though I better get on to the Halloween goodies too.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Adorable! Wow, all those hot chocolates fit in there?! Cute paper and Cafe ian!

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Such a sweet creation!Love it!Cafe Ian is so cute!

Lorraine said...

This is such a sweet gift, Eva! 16 teachers' gifts?! Wow. Might be doable, depending on what creative projects you do for the kids in their classes, lol! Lucky kids & teachers!

Tricia :O) said...

Fantastic gift Eva :O) Love this idea!! Tricia