Friday, January 13, 2012

It's a Love Story

Hi!  I made another card today inspired by a song.  I had this idea in mind and thought it would be perfect for TGF's Retro-fresh Lucky in Love challenge too.  The song I had in my head was Taylor Swift's Love Story.  Here's a link in case you're interested.  My kids liked this song a lot too when it first came out.


I also wanted to try to make an easel step card (I think that's what it's called).  A tutorial is HERE.  I tried to make mine a bit differently by using a continuous piece of cardstock for the steps but it didn't stand too nicely so I had to tape it down.  Don't know if you know what I mean yet.

So my card doesn't close now.  It'll just have to stand out like this. 

I ended up taping the valleys down since they kept flopping around.  I'll try again to figure this out.

I printed just part of the lyrics out.  I got to use the pretty Spellbinders Fleur de Lis dies that I got from Cheryl (thanks!).

Then I used Prince Ian (digi).

And I went with Princess Anya #2.  She barely makes the 6 month old requirement for the Retro-fresh challenge.  It just seems like a little while ago that I bought her.  I tried coloring her hair a little differently.  I don't usually leave a lot of white space.  I always have this urge to color all the white space but thought I'd leave it this time since her hair was so light colored.  I added some stickles and glossy accents too.  Oh, and a rose!  I got these from Lorraine a while ago (thanks!) and I love them!  They were white but I colored them red with my Copic.

I also got my first Memory Box die, the Cherish Border which is behind Ian and Anya.  So detailed and delicate.  Then I used Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 for the last couple of song lyrics that I also printed out.

Alrighty, that is it.  Thanks so much for reading and hope you all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

RiNNE said...

So pretty! Love all the dimensions and textures! I think her hair looks awesome!

Cheryl said...

Super cute card - now turned decoration. Fabulous hair! The memory box die is so pretty!

Creations by Shirl said...

Finally I can get to you to comment..I've been having such difficulties getting into your blog page with blogger issues...
this is such a darling card....
love the cute sentiment and your easel card turned out super nice....
Have a great weekend~

gobeagirl said...

Wow, this is a great cardl. This sure turned out beatifull. I love your coloring as well as you card and details you have put into it. Beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing with us over on the Farm Fresh challenge blog..
Hugs, Lisa G

Rachel Parys said...

Really great card! I understand exactly what you meant with securing everything down. I think her hair looks great! I am loving the "cherish border" behing each image, it's really beautiful. I can tell you put in a lot of time with this, great job!

faithnme said...

Amazing..... I Sooo Love this ... Every details, is just Gorgeous.. Thanks for playing along with our Retro Fresh challenge.


Hugs

Lorraine said...

Wow, Eva, this is such a gorgeous creation! Love the design, details and your coloring!

sweet said...

This is an amazing card! Thanks for the link. I love your coloring!

Annie Rose said...

Hey now... this is darling! :)

SemSee said...

This is adorable! Just love how this song inspired this amazing card! Hugs, Sem x

Anela's Creation said...

This is so adorable. Love it!!!