Monday, March 12, 2012

best friends

Hi!  I really love the new Beans over at The Greeting Farm!  They are soooooo adorable with their little round bellies and fun hair!  I was wondering which one I should color first and use on a card when I saw the Best Friends sentiment from TGF's Flutter Heart set.  Then I knew I should put both of them on the card because they are Best Friends!  But what do I color them?  I knew I wanted one to have pink hair.  Then I saw iCopic's Weekly Challenge #73 -- V Family and so Glimmer Bean has purple hair!  I used the sketch over at TGF's SCS Saturday Sketch #7 to help me with the card.


So here's Glimmer and Shimmer Bean!  I love how bright this turned out.  I have to say they were fast to color up and fun too.  I didn't want all the extra images that were around each of the beans so I just cut around my image leaving a tiny bit of white border. 

I've had these paper scraps for a while and thought they fit them so nicely.

I actually curved each of the Beans so they were a bit more rounded on the sides and not just straight.  I added lots of dimensionals on this card under the Beans, the circle layers and the tags.

After, I realized this card matches the colors on our blog.  I wonder if we could put them on our blog header.  Hehe.

It's the first day of Spring Break for the kiddies so I hope the weather holds up.  Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

You are a crafting machine, gf! Love the bright colors and their hair! The images are too cute and love your take on the sketch! The weather is still cruddy - feel sorry for the kids on spring break!

Handmade Cuties said...

Adorable! I absolutely love the pretty colors.

Alyce said...

Aww what cuties! I love them together and they look so cute in their pastel colours! The papers go beautifully, and love the layout. Hehe it would make a super cute blog header too!

Creations by Shirl said...

great colours on theirr hair....
very pretty Eva...

Cheryl said...

So cute!!! Love their hair!!! Which one am I??? Although I don't think I'm going to be making anything for a while. You're posting faster than I can even comment!

Rachel Parys said...

Super cute! Love all of the fun colors!!! They do make good buddies!

~Michelle~ said...

oooh, how sweet is this creation! Love the pink and purple hair! Thanks for sharing it on the icopic challenge! :)

mforquer said...

OH MY GOSH - I LOVE LOVE LOVE these two gals! So super cute!
Thanks for joining us at iCopic and creating such a gorgeous creation for us!
Hugs,
M

RiNNE said...

I think you've colored them so amazingly! Great dimensions and colors!! Can't wait to get them when they get re-stocked (what stamp diet? Lol). Could you pls share your color combo of copics of their faces?