Saturday, March 10, 2012

mad about you

Hi!  The Greeting Farm is having another fun challenge!  You know I can't really resist challenges.  I don't know why but once a theme is announced, my mind starts racing!  Haha.  So it's March Madness over at TGF and the first week's theme is Mad About You -- create a lovey dovey card/project.  The theme just totally reminds me of Belinda Carlisle's Mad About You song.  Remember it?


Anyway, because I had just finished making such complicated projects, I thought I'd go the simpler route this time and just make a card.  Haha.  But there was still some thinking involved with this but not too much since I finished it in one night.

I used MFT's heart dies to cut out some hearts.  Originally I had wanted nesting hearts but I don't have any!  And these hearts are all just stuck together so I went with that.  I thought the layout was still pretty and interesting looking, plus I had to tell myself stop thinking so hard.  The mad about sentiment was made with PTI's Simple Alphabet.  And I added some red felt to the smallest heart.

A little peek inside. 

Closer peek.

TGF's Birthday Ian!  I heart him a lot.  I love the banner and I always imagine that he is proposing, not saying happy birthday.  Hahaha.  So I made the present look like that all important little blue box.  You know from where! 

See, simpler right?  Well, I had fun with this one. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

U are the 80's flashback queen. Super cute card! Bday Ian is cute! So clever. His banner sure says a lot! I need to actually stamp with mine...

Barb said...

awesome! awesome! awesome! awesome!

Alyce said...

This is super cute! Love the hearts/cutouts to the front and you have coloured up Ian gorgeously :) Lol I love how you are previewing 80s music for us :)

Creations by Shirl said...

You are so amazing Eva, I just love popping into your blog page..
I can't wait to see what you have got going with your postings....
love this peek a boo card of Ian...
Totally super!

Lola Azul said...

I love your idea. Maybe I'll copy ... (Hope don´t you mind). :)

Rachel Parys said...

Awww, he is super cute! Love the heart hole! I need to get busy, I had wanted to do that challenge too! Not enough hours in the day!(especially today)

Lorraine said...

This is adorable! and Love your coloring!

RiNNE said...

Awesome song! Awesome CAS card!!!!