Saturday, March 17, 2012

Earth Angel

Hi!  This is the second week of The Greeting Farm's March Madness Challenge.  The theme is monochromatic.  So I tried something a bit different for me.  I picked a color that I don't use often, brown.  And after I was done, I wanted to pick purple instead.  Hahaha.  Somehow, I'm not loving the brown.   I used the deconstructed sketch #43 to help me build this card.


 I used TGF's Angel Anya.  I had the song, Earth Angel by The Penguins (there are lots of different versions of this song) in my head and so that became the sentiment.

At least I got to use some more brown paper from Wild Rose Studio.  And the flowers matched nicely.  Added some stickles to her wings and halo and colored her up a bit light brown.  I do like the way Angel Anya turned out though.  She's pretty in any color!

So I kept asking my hubby and the kids if all the brown looked ok and they didn't seem to mind except my daughter didn't like it too much.  I guess it is personal taste.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Alyce said...

Ooh I actually really like this Eva. It is more "sepia" lol!! ;) love the layout and you have done a great on of coloring her up!

Rachel Parys said...

Love the browns! I think she is gorgeous! I might have to try something in this shade! Cutie patootie!

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Eva,love this earthly Anya!
Good luck on the TGF MM challenge!
hugs
Doreen

Creations by Shirl said...

Very cute Anya image Eva...
love the colour choices too...

Cheryl said...

Pretty card! Angel Anya looks fabulous in brown!

RiNNE said...

Great card! Love her hair!

Lorraine said...

You crack me up! I so lurve brown! Your card is gorgeous - you've colored it beautifully - love her hair!

Jennifer Shults said...

goodness your coloring is amazing on this. i love the muted colors overall and the gorgeous papers. thanks so much for joining us for this week's sketch!