Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy 2014!!

Hello all!  Happy New Year!  We still have a few more hours before we welcome 2014.  The kiddies are trying to stay awake til then but we'll see how long they last before they fall asleep.  I may fall asleep before midnight too.  I am already getting a bit sleepy.  Plus my mother has planned a breakfast service at 8 am!  I'm not sure how we're gonna manage that.

I am still trying to play a bit of catch up from Christmas!  Because I was kind of poor at managing my time and made those stockings and gingerbread men, I didn't have enough time to make my goal of 20 calendars.  Yes, I know that sounds crazy as well.  I only had time to make 4 calendars for my daughter's teachers packed with a gift card by the time school got out for break.  I didn't even have time to take a photo of them.  But I've made 6 more since then.  This batch was all for the doctors and staff of my kids' pediatrician office.

I used Sister Stamps for all of these calendars.  They are the perfect size and plus they have this cute horse for 2014.  I bought the calendars online from Taylored Expressions.  I like that they are a neutral black color. 

These 2 calendars feature Sister Stamps Li-Li with a CC Designs sentiment.  I kept all the layouts the same to save my sanity.  Some gold cardstock so there is a bit of a reflection in the photos.

These 2 have Shin-Shin and Mieko. 

I was really happy I ordered this Sizzix easel die to attach to the back of all the calendars.  I used some chipboard so these are all pretty sturdy. 

I packed each one in a clear bag and tied them all together with twine.  I added a tag with a Happy New Year sentiment.  So technically I was on time with this New Year's gift.  Just 10 more calendars to go!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



7 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Love your version of your calendars... I got my easel on order but haven't gotten it yet, will have to go and see if they have arrived... Aren't those calendar's cool....

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year! We were all sleeping by midnight... Cute calendars! That's a lot of calendars too! Good buy with the easel die...I would wonder what people made with that. You're so nice to your doctors, I forget about our pediatrician and we even go every year in Jan.

Jenny said...

Love these Eva!!!

eunice said...

Wow, Eva! You did a amazing job with these calendars! I really like the size...ahhh....I knew I wanted to get that easel die for something...now I know what! The calendars from Taylored Expressions are great, really like how they are simple and classy and don't compete with your fabulous colored stamp images!

Denice said...

Sweet! Love the calendars and the easels. I think one of my cricut carts has an easel on it, I sure hope so.
Fabulous calendars...I bet you made a lot of people, maybe 20?!.... very happy with these beauties!
:Dxx

Leanne said...

These are all fabulous New Years gifts Eva! Each one is beautiful. You'll love the easel die, I got mine and see endless possibilities with them. I hope you finish the 20 calendars!
^.^

RiNNE said...

Your calendars are so wonderful!! :) :) :) Great work!!