Skip to main content

Doctors rule

Hello!  So the fun thing about selling your stash of stamps and dies is that you have some money to buy new stamps and dies.  Actually, I don't think I need too many dies any more.  Maybe a couple that are still on my wish list but I think I have become more of a CAS and one layer card maker.  It's just simpler and way easier to mail.  I think too that I need to be more selective when I buy stamps.  I don't wanna have a crazy huge stash anymore.

I got a chance to purchase a couple of stamp sets from Altenew.  I wanted a set called Doctors Rule because soon I'll have some cousins becoming doctors.  So hopefully, this set will come in handy.  I ordered this set directly from the Altenew website and it took 5 business days and a weekend for them to actually mail it out.  I know the weekend doesn't count but when you're anxiously waiting for a new stamp set, it can seem like forever.  I probably would order their stamps else where next time since I'm a little impatient.

I made this really CAS card.  I stamped the sentiment in tuxedo black but also went over it again with my black copic multiliner so it looks nice and dark.  The stethoscope was heat embossed in gold.  Then I just rounded the bottom corners.

This is the inside where I added a gift card holder (die from MFT).  I also embossed the top sentiment in gold and added the smaller sentiment in black.

I still have some stamps/dies to sell.  See my posts HERE and HERE.  I actually haven't had much time to craft because I was busy trying to get packages out and going to the post office almost daily but now it has slowed down again.  So if you're interested in anything, email me.  Yesterday, I actually finished making 6 cards!  I made 2 of these doctor cards.  I'll share the other 4 some time this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Comments

Leanne said…
This is sooo cool! I bet your cousins will appreciate these cards, especially with the CAS concept. I don't think doctors like fuss. They like clean. hahaha!
I dare not check out another stamp company, I've just got too many. Need to destash but it's sooo hard to pick which ones to let go and which ones to keep. hahaha.. But like you said the good thing about that is getting to buy some new stuff. I just spent a bundle on the Misti so I think I'll wait for a while before looking. :D Can't wait to see what you made!
Denice said…
CAS and you make a perfect pair! Love the sentiment on this wonderful card, it says it all.
Perfect cards for the docs. Can't wait to see the other 4 cards you made. You're on a roll. I too need to destash and am getting more selective with stamps and dies that I purchase.
Lynn said…
Wow! Excellent card for a new doctor! They look dignified and professional. Sorry for not commenting too much lately...on vacation.
Bead Crumbs said…
Brains and healing hands in the family...awesome! I love your cards - whatever style you make. This one is no exception!
Cheryl said…
Congrats to your cousins! Nice card, looks like a white coat!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet