Skip to main content

Papertrey November Blog Hop Challenge

So this is my first time ever in participating in a blog hop of any kind, especially for PTI so it makes me a little nervous.  Hahaha.  Usually I'm just a commenter.  I love to look at other people's blogs--such amazing ideas and projects.

These might look familiar.  I made something similar HERE.  I kind of tweaked it a little since the first one I made was a tight squeeze for the tags I made.

The tags fit better this time because I left more space above.

It also helps that this matchbook cover doesn't fold flat.

I started with a 3.5 x 8.5 inch cardstock.

I scalloped one edge and then scored it a 3/4 inch, 4.5 inches and 4.75 inches.

I used the pocket die to hold the labels and taped that about 1/2 inch above the score line closest to the scalloped edge.  I added thin tape below the scallop edge and folded that over for the cover to slip into.  You may have to trim the cover just a bit for the cover to slip in nicely and not push the tape down too much--if that makes sense. 

I love the Tiny Treats series.  The images are so cute!  I used the Xmas one for these tags.  I used the Fillable Frames die #9 and the stamp set.

Snowflakes!  Five tags fit nicely in the pocket.  You could make this matchbook longer and add more pockets to add more tags.  This is a nice stocking stuffer size.

I love this one because it's pink!  The paper obviously isn't a PTI product but I wanted to try a nontraditional Xmas color.

Everything here is from PTI except for the red and green baker's twine, the pink candy paper, one tiny rhinestone in the snowflake that's on the cover and the scallop punch I used.  I also used my copics and white gel pen.

Thanks so much for reading and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Lorraine said…
These are just gorgeous, Eva! Love that you did them in different colors. and I love Tiny Treats, too!
Cheryl said…
Cute matchbooks!!! What clever packaging! The gingerbread man matches the cute pink paper really well. Great job for the blog hop!
Karen C. said…
What a fabulous post - you have been sooo very busy. Tiny Treats is one of my favourite sets this year. Thanks for all of your inspiration.
Amy said…
These are so cool Eva, I don't think I can pick a favorite...I love them all! Thanks for the tutorial on making them!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Really cute idea. Way to rock the PTI tag challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E
Unknown said…
This is adorable! Great tutorial too! Girl you rocked your first blog hop!
Anonymous said…
So pretty! I love them :) thank you for sharing!

hugs,
Viola
Kara said…
great gifts..i would love to get this before the holidays to have when i wrapped presents!!
BethieJ said…
Eva I LOVE these.. what a FUN idea.. thanks for sharing the tutorial!!!
Have a GREAT day!
Stephanie said…
I really love this gift idea. It's just perfect!
Jen Carter said…
So cute and such a fun idea!! Thanks for the tutorial!
Suzanne Russell said…
Thanks for the tutorial for the matchbook. I really like the simple style. It presents the tags so well!
Laurie said…
Eva this is WOW! SO super cute! Love this idea!
Wonderful! I love your idea and how you have presented these beautiful tags. Thank you for sharing how you made them with details. Happy Holidays!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...