Thursday, September 20, 2012

TGF's Farm Fresh Friday -- Birthday Recipe!

Hi!  Is it Friday yet??  Geez, long week.  I've been waking up every morning wondering if it's Friday yet.  So today I took the time to actually nap.  And maybe that's what I needed.  I didn't sleep too soundly though but feel a bit more refreshed.  And now it's pouring here as I write this post.  Hate to pick up the kids in this kind of weather.  Hopefully the rain will ease up by then.

Well, it's finally time for a new Farm Fresh Friday!  This week Shaela has a Birthday Recipe for us.  She is challenging us to create a project with: a birthday theme, use a boy TGF image, and the colors orange, turquoise/aqua & silver.  Got it?  Not too bad, right?  We all need extra bday cards handy.

I chose Oliver from Surprise.  It's the first time I have stamped him and this set was still untrimmed.  Oh boy.  I am trying not to buy too many new stamps since I still seem to find ones that I haven't trimmed yet.  The letters were die cut from PTI felt using PTI's alphabet dies. 

I didn't really have super shiny silver even though I used a metallic silver pencil to color in his shoes and the bow on the present.  Still looks grey but that's what I got. 

Please check out TGF's blog for all the challenge details and to see the cute birthday projects by the Showcase DT.

Thanks for reading!


11 comments:

Blankina said...

Your Oliver is a real cutie...and this challenge sounds like fun!!
Cheery colour mix..

Have a great weekend...

Hugs Blankina

Denice said...

That's quite a challenge....but you rocked it! Oliver is one of my favs because once he's colored...he has the most pinchable cheeks, each and every time!
Cute card...love your take on this week's FFF.
:Dxx

Cheryl said...

I know, somehow the weekend went by so fast and this week was so slow, even with all the new TV shows! Maybe my schedule was messed up. I'm actually commenting in the morning today.

Cute boy card! Nice coloring! Wow, you actually had patterned paper that fit the color scheme too!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw his a cutie and his ready for a celebration...TFS Eva!
Enjoy your Friday and weekend ahead~

Melissa said...

This is darling. I love how you did the sentiment!

Handmade Cuties said...

Naps are goooood! I'm loving your boy cards cuz even boys need some luvin' Have a great day and enjoy your weekend (traffic yesterday was terrible yea?!)

Rachel Parys said...

Lonnnnggggeeest week ever!! I was a single parent all week! Thank God the hubby comes home tonight!

Cutest guitar paper ever! OMG, I love this, it's too stinkin' cute!

Mimi said...

oh yeah TGIF!! I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Been a longggg week... plan to do some sleeping in!
your card is soooo cute! love the color combo and oliver is super handsome! enjoy your weekend eva! ;D

Mary J said...

That is so sweet Eva, love the lettering like that!

Leanne said...

Cute!!! I love the theme and need some boy bday card. Fun color combo and your layout is cool.
Looks terrific!
;)

RiNNE said...

This reminds me to make more cards for boys :). Super fun!