Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TGF's September Retrofresh!

Hello!  A new retro-fresh challenge premieres today over at The Greeting Farm!  The theme for September is Jumping in the Leaves -- just use leaves on your project, a TGF stamp/digi that is at least 6 months old, and you have a whole month to enter this challenge.

Here's my little owl from Hoo Loves You.  I stamped him on watercolor paper and colored him with watercolor pencils.  Really old watercolor pencils but they still work okay.  I added him onto my felt leaves/branch diecut from PTI.  The sentiment also comes with the set and it was heat embossed.  Did a little bit of distressing around the edges of my paper and added brads in the corners.

After stamping on watercolor paper and coloring him in, I usually go back and trace the image again just to define the lines a bit more.  I usually do this with eyes.  I like the eyes to stand out so I go back and color them in.

Please head over to see all the challenge details HERE.  Hope you'll be joining us!

Thanks for reading!  I'll be back with another post in a bit.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Neat coloring! The watercolor look is nice too. Ha ha, retro pencils too! Pretty card!

Denice said...

How sweet is this pink owl?!!
I still use my watercolor pencils and love the soft effect they give. A super sweet card and perfect for the this month's retro challenge.
:Dxx

Handmade Cuties said...

I love how you use all kinds of different elements to make your cards. (I bet your home decor is awesome)

Creations by Shirl said...

Super cutie card.. love that precious wise owl...

Leanne said...

hehehe.. sweet. your card made me smile when i saw it on the tgf post. simple and so very cute!
;)