Monday, December 17, 2012

Birthday time

Hello!  I don't think I shared this card that I made for Rosemary Bridges for her birthday.  We did a special post for her over at Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts blog.

I used Yumi Peace Sign and tried to make it really feminine and pink-y.  The sentiment and tag is from PTI.  The pretty floral papers are from Wild Rose Studio.

Here's a close up.  I ended up fussy cutting her out.  Ever since I started using more digi stamps I have been outlining the black lines with my black Copic multiliner pen when I use my rubber/clear stamps to get a more defined black line.  That is one of the things I like about digi stamps.  The lines print so dark and perfect!  Sometimes when I stamp my lines they are defined here and there with some not so dark.  I especially like to darken up the eyes.  I also use the chisel end of my black Copic marker to cover any white that shows after fussy cutting.  I don't use the brush end cause I'm afraid the sharp edge of the paper could mess up the brush tip.

Today was a really wet and gloomy day with lots of traffic in the late afternoon.  So glad to be staying in tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!


9 comments:

Denice said...

Awww, such a sweet and sparkly card! I love how you colored her cheeks...they are so pinchable!
:Dxx

Joy said...

Really love the colors and your coloring! It's a really Happy card! Love it!

Dangina Martinez said...

Aww.. How sweet! Love the DP and that awesome image. I'm sure she will love it.
Hugs, Dangina

Cheryl said...

So pretty! You fussy cut so nicely! Yeah, it got so cold all of a sudden over here too.

Handmade Cuties said...

Pink-y is a beautiful color. Love the card!

Mary J said...

So pretty, Eva! Love your hair colouring!

Julie D. Richards said...

She turned out so sweet Eva. Love the hair color.

RiNNE said...

Beautifully colored!

Leanne said...

:D!
Gorgeous card for Rosie's special day! I love that WR paper, I think I have a few of those in my stash, and the simple layout. Gorgeous colors on her kimono too and love howyou did her make up. I cover up the white the same way when I fussy cut and I tend to darken the blacks with a multi-liner too. I've recently purchased a reinker of black memento and it seems to work really well so that i don't need to break out the ML too much.
Anyhoos, super cute card!
=)