Skip to main content

Merry & Bright

Hi!  Did you see that Cheryl's card for PTI's Make It Monday (HERE) got a shout out from Nichole Heady???  How exciting is that?! 

It's time for another Make it Monday challenge at PTI.  It's to use scor-tape and glitter.  I have to admit I'm not much of a glitter fan.  I've had one small container of glitter for the past few years and it's still pretty full.  It's just so messy!!  But I guess the purpose of these challenges is to create stuff you normally might not. 

Here's my card.  Heehee, it's an Xmas card!  I'm so early for Xmas but last year I bought the tree die and a whole pack of pinefeather and scarlet jewel cardstock because I thought I would be able to make cards for family and friends.  Well, that didn't go as planned.  Anyway, I used the scor-tape plus glitter for the garlands of my tree.  I traced the die on the pinefeather cardstock and then placed my tape where I wanted it to go but didn't remove the paper to reveal the sticky side.  I put my die back on with some removable tape and ran it through my Big Shot and it cut through the excess tape and all.  Oh and it helps to trace the die cutting side down on the paper if it's not a symmetrical shape like this tree.  Realized that after I had traced the tree cutting side up and had already stuck on the tape.  But I just ran it through anyway since it was traced lightly in pencil.  Does that make sense?

I used some paper from Christmas Prints and placed red pearls around the tree.  I had first thought buttons but then it seemed too overwhelming.  The sentiment is from Tiny Treats Christmas.

I still have a couple more ideas.  Hopefully I'll get to them this week.  Thanks for reading and have a great week! 

Comments

Wow, I love this idea! And this is one card down in having all your Christmas cards done early! You're just like me, I had big plans for 2010 Christmas cards, but they didn't happen either :) Glad you got to put those supplies to use, and awesome job on the card!
Lorraine said…
Whoa, don't do that - you threw me off! Just kidding. Great idea using it for the Christmas tree - looks very festive. And where did Nichole give a shout out? On her blog?
Cheryl said…
Yes, it was exciting! I'm still in shock! Cute Xmas tree! Love your glittery garland and pearls!
Jen Adcock said…
Love it! I can't get over how fab that tree looks dressed in its glitter garland complete with red pearl ornaments. So effective! Very pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet