Saturday, March 19, 2011

Delightful Dahlia

Hi!  This is my 3rd project inspired by PTI's Make It Monday Challenge to partially emboss/deboss.  One card was also inspired by Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger (See photo below).

This is actually my 3rd post of the day.  I would have posted yesterday but got too sick last night to craft.  Oh, the horror!  I wanted to but my body just wanted to sleep.  If you're interested in the first two posts, see HERE and HERE.

I made 3 cards with the fun foam and cardboard frame.  For these projects, the cardboard frame seemed to work best in not leaving any impressions in the middle where I wanted to stamp the flower from PTI's Delightful Dahlia stamp set.

This one is inspired by the colors and buttons from Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger.  I really like how everything is neutral with just a hint of color.  That's what I wanted to convey with my card.  The base is PTI's fine linen cardstock.  The top cardstock is vintage cream.  The dahlia and sentiment are stamped in Hawaiian Shores.  I love how these colors came together.

I used PTI's Book Print impression plate.

The buttons are from Stampin' Up, tied with some embroidery floss and attached to the vellum strip.  I also scored double lines all around the card.  It's my first time with their challenge.  Hope you'll get a chance to play along with the Tuesday Trigger too!

I followed the same layout and made a Mother's Day card too.

This one is just a bit different with the dahlia being raised.

And yet another one just slightly different. 

The book print impression just goes half way.  See, I did mention in my previous posts that I was absolutely obsessed with this technique and I had to try it every which way.

I will save the last project for tomorrow.  Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

onecraftymama said...

These are incredible!! I love them all - the partial embossing technique is one I have yet to try, and now I feel like I NEED to go give it a whirl! I have a big feeling you have a Trigger Target badge in your future...that card is an amazing take on the photo :)

Marybeth said...

Such a great idea, and your cards turned out beautiful! I say you nailed the challenge .

Lorraine said...

Wow, Eva, you are rocking this Make It Mondays challenge! Your cards are beautiful and thanks for sharing how you created them!

Cheryl said...

These are really pretty! I like all the color combos! Yes, you're so creative with this technique!

Sunghee said...

Beautiful! Love the sentiment on vellum. Another thing I need to try.

Teresa Zuehls said...

I really love all of the cards. I haven't tried the partial embossing but think I will give it a try, it looks so nice on your card.

Cath said...

Hey Eva! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)