Monday, March 14, 2011

Thanks So Much

Hi!  It's Make It Monday again at PTI.  The challenge is to "partially emboss/deboss/impress an element."  This reminded me a bit of the Splitcoast Stampers tutorial on double embossing found HERE.  So I tried to incorporate that and the video at PTI to make my card.  After a whole morning of trying to find the right sandwich and cardboard frame thickness I finally completed my card.  It's a good thing my kids are on spring break cause I didn't want to stop til I got it right. 

So the bottom portion of my card is impressed with the Book Print impression plate.  The impression wraps around the Mat Stack 4 die impression too.

I scored 2 lines above where the impression ended and added raspberry fizz strips in the middle. 

And I had to use some felt because I love PTI felt and the new royal velvet color is so pretty. 

I'll have to see if I can duplicate this and make another card.  I'm keeping this short since it's PTI release day and I have some shopping to do.  Thanks for reading and have a great week!

7 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely card, love all that white and I love that embossing plate.

Lorraine said...

Oh I LOVE this! I have no idea what you did or how you did it. Would help if I watched the video, eh? But it looks like something I want to try - maybe I'll play this week. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, this is so impressive! ( sorry:) I think that technique is amazing and I'm going to watch the video. TFS

Heather said...

Love the technique, looks so impressive. Will definitely have to case this soon, but when I have plenty of time! Thanks you for sharing :)

nancy jane said...

Wow, great job with this challenge. Love the colors you used in the card. Their boldness works with the impression plate you used.

Cheryl said...

This looks so neat! What a cool technique, I guess I have to watch the video too. Oh, I forgot about the new colors, maybe on my next PTI order, the purple looks nice

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the PTI shout out! I didn't realize your technique was so complicated until after I read the tutorial.