Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Spring

Hi!  Here's a little card inspired by All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge which is a sketch and TGF's Farm Fresh Friday Spring Break challenge.

I used the sketch above to create the card below.

I used TGF's Forest Friends for the very first time!  I love TGF's animal stamps.  They are so cute!  Do forest animals need a spring break too?  I'm thinking they do so the deer is wishing the sleepy owl a happy spring.

The circle is cut from PTI's limitless layers die and stamped using Tag-its 1 and 2.  The deer is paper pieced in different layers so there is a lot of dimension on his body and head.  His eye and nose has liquid glaze too.  Butterflies from Martha Stewart punch.

The sleepy owl is also paper pieced.  I used my oval Coluzzle (do you remember that?) to cut his home and used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to create the tree/wood texture.  There is liquid glaze also on his eyes and beak.

I had a fun time with the sketch and I love how this card came out.  I was going through all the cards I've made wondering what to do with them when I realized that I'm kind of attached to some of them.  I really do love just sitting around at my crafting table making cards even if I don't have a specific person to give them to.  But I'm running out of space so hopefully I'll be able to send some cards to family and friends soon.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Sunghee said...

cute~~~!!! I can't believe how well the woodgrain shows. wow~! I have a similar embossing folder, and mine can't do that.
Adorable card!

Cheryl said...

So cute! Love all the polka dotted paper piecing! Ha ha, I still have a coluzzle too! Yes, you sure have made a lot of cards! I feel like such a slacker. I was up to 4 cards at one point and felt so productive.

Lorraine said...

Oh Eva, this is gorgeous! I love the stamps, design, papers, colors, paper piecing and dimension/textures!