Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hello and Hi!

Hi!  Me again.  This is my second project for PTI's Make It Monday Challenge to partially emboss/deboss.  Above is the frame I created using 6 mm fun foam and PTI's Beautiful Blooms 2 dies.  You can read about my foam frame and embossing obsession in my previous post HERE

I ended up adding a cardboard piece over the fun foam to lessen the markings I get in the middle where I want it to be smooth. 

After running the sandwich through with PTI's Book Print impression plate (it's the only one I have), I got this.  I stamped the flowers from PTI's Beautiful Blooms 2.  And the words and exclamation point are from MFT's Say What stamp set. 

I colored in the petals with my red copic after I stamped the flowers.  The stamping was kind of spotty so I thought about restamping it but didn't want to risk it getting crooked.  

I added some rhinestones and twine.  I really like how happy this card looks.  And happy too for PTI's challenges that make us think of new ways to create things.  I actually have 2 more projects I want to share later.  I can't help it.  Sometimes I get crazy like this and have to make a bunch of stuff. 

I'll also be entering this in Paper Sundaes Challenge Keep it Simple.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Otter Hill Designs said...

Cute! Love your choice of colors. Love the simplicity.

Cheryl said...

So cute and cheery! I gotta try that sentiment in the flower, that looks cute!

Sunghee said...

Another card I love! Love how simple it is, but so gorgeous! LOVE IT!