Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TGF's October Retrofresh -- I Want Candy!

Hello!  It's October and time for The Greeting Farm's monthly Retro-Fresh challenge.  The theme this month is I Want Candy!  Anything related to candy is good to go and it doesn't have to be a Halloween theme either.

I went with Halloween and colored up the little guys from the Spooktacular set.  I have them in rubber stamps but now they are available as digis.  I used my convenient orange cup from Walmart and made this lollipop treat holder.

Here is another view.  In the cup I layered some tissue paper on the bottom and then added a piece of styrofoam to stick the lollipops and skewers through.

Another view.  I added black crepe paper and some green grass and you can spot some plastic spiders which used to be rings but I cut the ring part off.  A pretty simple Halloween treat.  Probably will give this to one of the teachers.

Hope you'll all be joining us this month!  Please hop over to TGF's blog to see all the challenge details and the rest of the DT's creations!

Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

So cute! Love those halloween images, I'm always debating about getting those digis, but here it is almost Halloween again and no time to make anything. Nice recycling of the spider rings.

Handmade Cuties said...

Your cup craft is such a good idea. I'm thinking of the kiddie friends that we usually give treats to. I wouldn't be able to make it fancy- schmancy like yours but the cup itself is a nice touch. Thanks for the being creative!

Leanne said...

And now i have that song in my head!! hahaha!! This is sooo cool Eva! The teachers at your kid's school must love you! Totally awesome!!
;)

RiNNE said...

Teehee, I remember those characters! What a great project with them!