Skip to main content

TGF Heart Journaling--week 16

Hi!  Gee, I can't believe the week has flown by already and here I am trying to post my entry for TGF's Heart Journaling almost at the last minute again.  I thought about quitting but I'm already more than half way there so I got myself to hurry up and make the page I wanted to.  This week is to use hearts so I thought that should be relatively easy.  But I didn't really know what to do with the hearts.  Then I remembered this tutorial by Jessica Witty (see HERE) where she made a heart garland from crepe paper using a heart die.  So I thought I'd finally try that.

But instead of crepe paper, I used tissue paper with my heart dies from MFT.  I also stamped some hearts from TGF.  The quote is one of my favorites and I love jewelry that has these little inspirational quotes.  I don't usually by them for myself though.  I think they make great presents especially for graduation.

Alright, that is it.  This Saturday is our Lego Robotics qualifiers.  I still have last minute photos to develop and some other stuff to complete.  But I'm sick again and so is my youngest.  The cold my daughter had is finally making its way through our house.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

Comments

Wow, tissue paper~
It sure came out really pretty Eva.....
love the color and that sentiment is so cute....
Cheryl said…
Neat heart garlands! You can finish the heart journaling! Can't be that many more weeks, right? I wonder if people can keep up through the holidays. Good luck at Lego! So much work for all of you. Crossing my fingers that we all don't catch anything more out here, I think we've had our share of germs from August through October.
Lorraine said…
Cool tissue paper journaling, Eva! And Lego Robotics sounds like a lot of work, lol. But I shouldn't laugh - my son loves Legos - so I might be in the same boat - hahaha. Hope you and your little one are feeling better soon!
RiNNE said…
So pretty!! Love those heart banners- such a stellar idea!!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...