Skip to main content

Sister Stamps July Release -- Otsu

Hi!  Hope you are enjoying these previews of Sister Stamps July release.  I don't usually color animals so it was a Copic challenge for me.  It was fun to experiment if I should color pet fur like people hair.  Still need lots of practice for animal fur.

Today I thought I'd share my project of Otsu, the only cat in this release.

Sorry, the photo might be a bit dark.  I didn't want the glare from the plastic to blind you.  I have a friend who recently had a 3rd baby and so is again experiencing sleep deprivation.  I've read a couple instances on her FB page that with her lack of sleep she has almost confused cereal with the cat's food.  So when I saw Otsu, she reminded me of my sleepy friend.  I made a clip so she could stick it on the cat food box or bag.

See, like this.  Pretend the cookies are cat treats.  I had to improvise.  It's a clothes pin. 

I took apart the clothes pin and glued some pretty paper scraps on it and put it back together.  And I used some really super duper old sticky sheets for some no heat lamination.

I also wanted to share the card my youngest one made.  He also gets super excited when I get packages of stamps.  He loves to look through them and pick his favorite, and Otsu was his favorite and he made a card before I did.

This is his card with Otsu dreaming of her Xmas presents!  See her dream bubble?  And he drew the tree behind the present that comes with Otsu too.  And then he made me search for a Merry Christmas sentiment.  He wanted one that said Merry Christmas, Cat.  He had to write in Cat himself.

Be sure to stop by these blogs as well.  I'm sure you'll see lots more cute stuff!

Karen
Jenny (Sister Stamps)
Debi
Eunice
Laura
Linda

I have one more card to share tomorrow.  Thanks so much for stopping by!



 

Comments

aww what a cute idea!! i need one of these for my lila hehe!! your son's card is so adorable aswell!! i love the christmas tree!! ^_^
Cheryl said…
So cute and clever! (Your clip and your son's card!) Oh, I guess I'm bad about following people on FB too, I didn't read about that one... Love you son's Xmas card! Ha! That dream bubble is too cute!
Rachel Parys said…
What a cute idea that clothespin is!! I love these little fur-balls, and I'm not usually a big animal stamp kind of girl! Love the Xmas pic, it's too funny!!
Blankina said…
Your son is talented like mummy..
Great idea to add a peg to the plastificated image..
Ciao Blankina
Another awesome showcasing Eva...
love how talented your little youngster is... so adorable...
Enjoy the new releases and wonderful weekend...
cdm317 said…
That is a cute idea! Love the coloring. Your little one's card is a true treasure!
Jenny said…
I love the way you are coloring up the fur... never thought about adding texture like you do. And Yay! Glad your son likes our stamps too.. what a cute Christmas card! Maybe he has to join our team... he has a good trainer!
Jenny V. said…
Too cute. Love the close pin idea. Your son did an awesome job with his Christmas card.
Heidi Brawley said…
omg what a clever creation. love it!! your sons card is Fab too!!! my 7 yr old loves playing with all my stamps too.
eunice said…
Ah, I see talent runs in the family...so cute that your son is able to craft together with mom! BTW, your idea for a chip bag clip is the bomb! It turned out so cute, and the best part of it is that it's so useful...I really need to make some of these too! Thanks for the fab idea!
Denice said…
A super cute clip...I bet your sleep deprived friend appreciates it, and so do her kiddos!

Otsu is soooooooo much more adorable than the 6 feral cats that live on the hill in my backyard. Your son did a great job on his card!
:Dxx

Linda said…
Love your clothes pin girl! That's a great idea! I really love your son's card - he put so much thought into it! Future artist in the making ... xoxo, Linda
Mimi said…
great idea with the clothes pin! and your son's card is adorable!! ;D

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet