Skip to main content

Grouchy Christmas cards

Hello!  I had a lot of fun at the last craft fair talking with one of the vendors next to us selling fabric.  She is so nice and friendly!  And wow, she sews very well!  I think we did fairly well at the fair.  Sold a lot of cards and sequins and a little of this and that.  Slowly dwindling down on my used stash of stamps and dies.  But I still have some!  Totally wish I could sell them all before Christmas but looks like they'll be taking up some floor space still.  I am thinking that was my last fair for the year.  I'll be trying to keep my Etsy store better updated and supplied.

A while ago I hurt my right hand.  More specifically my thumb.  Every now and then the pain comes back and now it's back.  I guess I have been crafting more but everyday activities aggravate it.  Stuff like turning on the car ignition, pouring water, typing, using my phone, cutting vegetables, etc.  Even now!  I really want to rest it but here I am taking photos, editing photos and blogging.  But I really want to share these funny and grouchy winter/Christmas cards.

You may have to click on the photos to see the sentiments.  But they just crack me up.  I made simple cards with these images and sentiments from Taylored Expressions.

These are the last two.  They really remind me of something Grumpy Cat would say.  She cracks me up too.

Anyway, I must go prep some meals now and use my thumb some more.  Hopefully I'll have some time to let it rest later.  Grateful it doesn't hurt too much to color!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Comments

Lynn said…
Ha-ha-ha! I love that stamp set too and I have it on my wish list. You did a super job of highlighting their grumpy cuteness.
Rachel Parys said…
These little critters are too funny!!
Denice said…
OMG, sweet and grouchy at the same time...love them all!
Hope your thumb is better soon, it's never good when crafting time ha to be delayed.
Cheryl said…
Ha ha, sometimes I feel grumpy like that this time of year! Now's a good time to distribute more chores to rest your thumb! At least you can still color while resting... :)
Unknown said…
Cute and funny cards! Hope your thumb gets better, isn't it crazy how much we use our thumbs?!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet